We are waiting for the first snow of the season here. Our neighbors to the North have gotten quite a bit but none of the white stuff has flown here yet. I love how snow just sparkles. So I thought I'd make my own sparkle.
These crisp white dishes came from Bed, Bath & Beyond. Silver and white with some turquoise glitter is the perfect color combination for saying "SNOW!" Everything is clean and fresh with a glimmer and shimmer. This shows you can decorate for Christmas in a non-traditional way - without the green and red. Although I do love those colors, too!
The centerpiece is so pretty! Mom let me borrow it. The stately buck has a modern look pulling the silver sleigh through the crystal trees. I added some inexpensive bulbs from Wal-Mart.
The tumblers are etched glass from Mikasa and are perfect for this week's cocktail. Our sparkling table needs a sparkling drink to go with it. So tonight we are having a Sparkling Pear and Cranberry Cocktail from Martha Stewart.
Here are the directions on how to make this yummy, sparkling drink!
• 2 tablespoons dry cranberries
• 1/2 cup organic pear nectar
• 32 ounces Moscato d'Asti wine
• 8 small sprigs fresh rosemary
1. Put cranberries in a small bowl; add 2 tablespoons warm water. Soak until cool, about 15 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and refrigerate until serving.
2. Divide pear nectar evenly among eight tall champagne glasses. Add cranberries, and then gently pour the Moscato d'Asti into the glasses. Garnish each with a rosemary sprig.
Serves eight. Enjoy!!
I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!
Post your Happy Hour link below!!