So I made some farfalle pasta with chicken breast and a delicious creamy pesto sauce with cherry tomatoes. I love pesto so much I put it on my pizza! I can't wait until I can plant more basil. Last year my basil went crazy. I plan to make LOTS of home made pesto sauce. Mom made some with pistachios. YUM!
I just threw this recipe together. Here's what you need:
- Two chicken breasts
- One small container of pesto (7 oz or so)
- One small container of reduced-fat sour cream (same size as pesto container)
- Three servings of farfalle pasta
- One small package of cherry tomatoes
- Some grated Parmesan cheese
Boil your pasta.
While your pasta is boiling, put your pesto in a sauce pan on medium heat, slowing stir in the sour cream until you get a creamy consistency.
Drain your pasta and add into the sauce pan. Add cut up chicken breast. Add the tomatoes. The tomatoes are important. They add acidity that the dish needs. Otherwise it is very bland.
Add some grated Parmesan cheese on top. This is an easy yet elegant dinner. And best of all it has pesto in it!!